Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Reflections on Dolling and The Reason Why it is Looked Into

Layla here:

Dolling is one of the many hobbies that you might take up from spending to much time playing dress up games online *coughmecough*. It gets you to thinking: How do they do this crap anyways? Then you end up looking it up, searching all over the web, figuring out what a base is, figuring out how they do all the tiny effects. It finally leads you to MS Paint, expensive Photoshop, and the less expensive Paint Shop Pro.


My story started while I was searching on deviantart for different cool art. Then I see this one chicks art. She had made some dolls. I was like, I though you weren't allowed to put up copyright stuff on here! I soon learned that she had did the base herself and everything else. I then went on different dolling sites that had dollmakers and found a site that linked to a lot of dolling tutorials (this linking thing isn't working for me so I'll put the website at the bottom). So right. At the time, I had Paint Shop Pro X on my computer. I loved it. I used it for coloring. So I was like, HEY! Another use!

My first doll was crappy, but it is the only one of my dolls that has hair that is completely pixled. No tricks. No nothing. Straight dot-by-dot. Penciled. Okay, my conscience is telling me that I should stop. I then went through tutorials on various websites, mostly Xandorra. It was nice, making dress and shirts and jeans and corsets. I made two Princess Peach dolls, Wonder Woman, a girl that didn't match and give 2 cents about it, me in doll form, a girl in her undergarments, a mermaid, and some more that I can't think of.

The whole point of this was to say that IF YOU PLAY TO MANY DRESSSS UP GAMES YOU MAY START TO WONDER HOW THESE DOLLS ARE MADE.

Irritating sometimes, aren't I?

Aight, peace out.

P.S.
The doll sites:

Doll Tutorial Website
Dress Up Games
Xandorra

No comments: